Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My Theological Worldview

So this morning I found a little quiz that you can take to discover or I guess better understand your theological stance. The Quiz is titled What is your theological world view? Maybe it is that I was raised in the Wesleyan Church after my conversion or maybe it was going to a Wesleyan school but it turns out my theological world view is Wesleyan/Evangelical Holiness. Now whether or not that means I'm sticking close to the "big T" tradition of the church (Thanks Dr. Bounds) remains to be seen from this quiz. I guess I was really surprised by what finished second on my quiz. Emergent/Postmodern. Now I feel a leaning toward that mindset but I just thought it was because my friends were but when I read these questions and answered them honestly turns out I have some of that POMO or Emergent in me!!! Just so everyone knows I'm more Catholic than I am Reformed, and it looks like I might now ever really be a Fundamentalist.

To be honest I knew that I believed the Wesleyan theological world view more than others but it was fun to answer the questions with my theology professor's voice in the back of my head saying "Micah make sure you stay within the big T tradition of the Church." And I know that not all theological perspectives aren't available but it is quiz to take some time away from the boring office hours. So What is your theological world view? Anything surprise you?

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Tim said...

My top was also Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan ... followed closely by Emergent/Postmodern (4% difference) ... then Neo Orthodox...

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Phil Strahm said...

93% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
82% Fundamentalist
79% Neo Orthodox

The only thing below Emergent were the two types of liberal...haha....those blasted emergent/postmoderns!!!

Some of those questions were a little ambiguous....leading to a margin of error

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger dan said...

I would think i'd be more neo-orthodox than i would be Catholic...hmmmm

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 93%
Emergent/Postmodern 89%
Roman Catholic 79%
Neo-Orthodox 75%

 

Post a Comment

<< Home