Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How blessed are we?





So I might be on a bit of a Rob Bell kick...I just got the new nooma video and well i watched it...now i'm not writing this blog about the video, but the video adds to some thoughts that i've been wrestling with and a conversation we had last night in college bible study...So the question i have is how blessed are we?

I mean I am a college graduate with lots of money that I have to pay back, i have a car that i'm scared to drive sometimes, and I don't know the last time i bought any type of clothing. But I'm blessed right...i mean at least I went to college, at least I have a car, and at least i have clothes and a place to eat and sleep. So why to do I keep asking for more? Rob Bell says in this video that to solve poverty it would cost the world 28 billion dollars...The shocking stat is that Americans spend 28 billion on ice cream a year. and yet i want more...This isn't make anyone feel bad it's just what I'm wrestling with. I mean if it's true that only 8% of the world have cars than I really am blessed....So i myself am going to stop asking God to make us a more powerful and rich nation, and ask God to make us a nation that serves the world not ourselves. And that is what I'm going to be praying for myself. That I won't ask for things but rather ask what can I do next to help serve.

How blessed are you? How is God providing for you? How is God using you to provide for others?

Here are some websites that could use your help:
http://www.worldhope.org/worldhope/Default.htm
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/
www.one.org

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Phil Strahm said...

Amen,
Lately I felt so blessed I've almost felt guilty...I'm not used to actually having a decent paycheck and a place of my own.

My only answer: give more.

Wesley says
Earn all you can
Save all you can
GIVE all you can....

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger dan said...

YES YES YES YES!!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Phil Strahm said...

You've been tagged...check my blog for directions....

and don't procrastinate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home