Tuesday, June 20, 2006

3 weeks later

So three weeks ago I wrote about risk. I came to the conclusion that it was time to take the risk of moving on and trusting God with my life. 3 Weeks later I'm glad I did and I wish I wouldn't have at the same time.
WHY I'm Glad: God is placing people in my life that are encouraging me left and right. Whether it is students in my Youth Group or parents or just people i'm randomly meeting God is placing people to keep me going. There is a song my a guy name Matt Redman on the new Passion Worship Cd everything glorious that says "Oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm, oh no you never let go, every high and every low, oh no, you never let go, LORD you never let go of me..." and I have been seeing how God is doing that in my life.
Another reason is the little kids in my church. that sounds weird but last week was VBS and I was litterally thrown into the fire, but the last night at least 6 kids that i know of gave their lives to Jesus. Is there any better reason to be doing what i'm doing??? Also I am seeing life change begin to happen in my high school students...one of the students has turned away from some issues in his life and other are starting to see church as more than a building...it's awesome!!!
Why I'm Not Glad I made the risk: To quote my friend Tim in his last blog "why is that the older I get, the younger and more unprepared I feel" Each day there have been new challenges in ministry...stuff we talked about in school but never thought it would actually happen. My professors said that we didn't completely understand ministry untill we were actually there, and you know what he was right...through all the internship and everything I still am learning more each day than I ever thought I could.
I miss Home!!!! I miss my friends for IWU I miss my mom, nagging at me yet telling me she loves me...I miss the dumb fights my sister and I get into (i called her sat. hoping to start one but it didn't work) I miss my dad saying something stupid and him thinking it was the funniest thing ever. I miss going to bed and hearing all the guys in my dorm still doing something dumb and dangerous to their physical well being out in the hall.

Through it all "it is well with my soul" I am happy, God is showing me so much and doing so much!!! I am doing what I am called to do, and I will follow hard after him...Mom, Dad, Abby, Anna, Jake...I love you and I miss you! See you soon!

4 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

stay faithful in what God has given you Micah. it's so good to hear how God is movin in NC with you and your crew. i pray that you continue to find your place and comfort where you are at. keep your head up and i miss you bro. take care...

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Phil Strahm said...

I'm thinking about having a retirement party in early October for the IWU ym grads of '06. I figure we'll be burned out by then and ready to call it a career...haha.
I'm right there with ya buddy...everyday I find out more about ministry and the culture that I must do ministry in. What are on these people's hearts? What are they struggling with? What are their beliefs? It's all worth it though!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger kate debaene said...

i know it's tough. i'm with ya on that one. i was thinking how i wish i could just move with all my friends and always do ministry in close proximity with them, but then whose blog would i read???? :-) stay strong. listen to the awesomeness of united. remember rob bell. peace friend.

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home