Monday, October 24, 2005

unexpected


So this is week five officially of doing this blog and to be honest the slowest blog report of all time. I'm not really sure but it was an amazingly slow week for me, at least at work. My practicum didn't require a lot from me this week expect to preach wed. night. I think it had a lot to do with mid-terms and my boss understanding the business of the week. But to reflect on the week:
I preach wed. night and that was the most unexpected sermon I've ever done. Shortly before i was to go up the LORD changed the sermon on me. To go up on stage without sermon notes, is a very scary thing for me. But God spoke through me. The pastor watching gave me some good comments of review, and gave me some great pointers when those situations happen. But i'm not going to lie the response of the kids was very unexpected. They loved on me so much and responded well, at least to my face, to what the LORD said through me.
Another unexpected week, was the lack of sleep i got and the amount the devil attacked me last week. I'm learning this year how important it is to be a great leader off stage and last week put me to the test. I'm not going to say i was perfect but God gave me grace at times. I long to worship him through my living and last week was tough but the LORD got me through! To challenge you...be flexible allow God to do things through you that you weren't expecting. Some times when you're looking fast ball the LORD likes to through a nasty breaking a ball and see how you respond to it! So be flexible and let him lead!

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Wow Micah...

I can't say I've ever had to switch up a sermon right before I go up to preach it. I don't know how I would react, but I hope it is like you: willing. As a leader, I'm glad to see that you are willing to be led by the Holy Spirit. Keep fresh in how you follow the Spirit in your leadership. Hey, I'm proud of you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home